Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Fall Looks: Update Your Gray Sweatshirt

It's difficult to find clothing more iconic than the gray sweatshirt.  It is a fall staple and should be in every guy's closet.  There are no shortage of options out there and I won't bore you by linking up to any number of them.  Instead, I thought I'd highlight a pretty cool alternative that, while not replacing your gray sweatshirt, can serve as cool alternative: The shawl collar sweatshirt.

J. Crew's fleece shawl-collar sweatshirt is a stylish bargain at $55 and can instantly update your sweatshirt collection.  Available in that classic heather gray or a black that resembles more of a dark charcoal, shawl collar sweatshirt serves as this interesting meeting point between the classic crewneck sweatshirt and the shall collar (most commonly seen on tuxedo jackets and cardigans).  I tried this on a while back when the J. Crew by me was stocking their fall inventory, and I'll be damned if this isn't one of the most comfortable things I've tried on in a while.

J. Crew Fleece Shawl-Collar Sweatshirt...$55 




Check out the versions below from Steven Alan and Ralph Lauren for guys with extra deep pockets.

Steven Alan Shawl Collar Sweatshirt...$198



Polo Ralph Lauren Fleece Shawl Collar Pullover...$145



If you're running out to walk the dog, throw this on and maybe top it off with a down vest or pair it with your best denim and a shirt and tie for a night out of casual drinking.  The key with all of these is that they are made of fleece which translates to insane comfort and an outward relaxed look (the same shawl collar design in wool loses lots of that understated charm associated with the fleece).  Ain't nothing wrong with the classics.  Ain't nothing wrong with switching 'em up either.

-L.A.S

5 comments:

  1. I hate the cold and I think I get the solution,those sweatshirts are so nice, I want to buy one but I do not know whare I can buy one,please, can some one help me ? I need the address of some clothing stores.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hate the cold and I think I get the solution,those sweatshirts are so nice, I want to buy one but I do not know whare I can buy one,please, can some one help me ? I need the address of some clothing stores.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome post! you can find a great collection of fleece in fabulous colors!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really like your outfit here, simple and chic!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really enjoy reading your blog,you have beautiful pics!!




    Gildan 12500

    ReplyDelete