Friday, October 9, 2009

Style Icons: The Song Remains The Same


[Pictured: Jimmy Page and William S. Burroughs at the author's New York City loft, 1975. Picture courtesy of Rollingstone.com.]

Led Zeppelin were my favorite band in high school and I actually own physical releases of Led Zeppelin I up until Physical Graffiti.  When I was into music, much more so than I am now, these guys represented the ultimate.  No one could rock harder...Led Zeppelin were THE physical manifestation of rock and roll.  I remember this little anecdote about the band which says it all:  A few years ago some Britsh rock magazine (Q or Mojo or NME) asked it's readers to pick a singer, a guitarist, a bassist and a drummer to create the ultimate band.  When the results were announced the band consisted of the following members: Robert Plant, Jimmy Page, John Paul Jones and John Bonham.  When tasked to create the greatest rock group ever imagined the fans actually made Led Zeppelin.

Rollingstone's blog "Rock Daily" has a cool slide show of the band promoting the new book Good Times, Bad Times: A Visual Biography of the Ultimate Band.  While clothes from the late 60's and 70's have never been my thing, the members of Led Zeppelin are just too cool to look bad.  If you ever wondered how to properly rock a man scarf, tight as hell bell bottoms and various pieces of jewelery look no further.

2 comments:

  1. Dope blog I reckon
    check mine out?

    peace

    ReplyDelete
  2. HipHop - Thanks for the love...ill def. check out what you've got going on.

    ReplyDelete