Monday, December 14, 2009

Per-suede-sion

Not everyone is crazy about suede shoes, but I personally love the feel, texture and look of the napped leather.  Even more on the fringe is dyed suede, most commonly seen on blue suede shoes.  I'm not sure if it's because spring is coming up or what, but colored suede footwear has been making it's way to the marketplace as of recent.  I'm totally okay with wearing colored suede year round and especially fond of donning it with shorts.  Chukka height shoes and shorts were a big hit last S/S and I see no reason for this look not to continue as we approach the warmer months of 2010.  Colored suede chukkas are a great way to take this play on proportion (medium height shoes and shorts) to the next level and really do something interesting.  You've probably seen some of these shoes before, but I thought it would be interesting to take these ideas of form, fabric and color and present some viable options for purchase.

Epaulet x Mark McNairy Blue Suede Chukka...$275.00



Clarks Desert Boot for David Z...$95.00


Clarks Desert Boot for David Z...$95.00


ACL & Co. x Mark McNairyBlue Suede Chukka...$375.00



-L.A.S

1 comment:

  1. There are a lot of unique desert boots on the market but I vote that clark's has the best shape, definitely rugged but still stylish. I think they would even look good with the right suit. I seriously wish they made leather soled versions though.

    ReplyDelete