Wednesday, December 30, 2009

A Penny For Your Boat Shoes


[Pictured: Quoddy Trail Boat Penny Loafer available for $195.00.]

When I posted on O'Connell's Clothing at the beginning of the month some folks went pretty nuts for the Quoddy Trail Boat Penny Loafer. The shoe (seen above) is a combination of two perfect warm weather shoes, the penny loafer and the boat shoe.  A pair of these could easily been worn sockless every single day when the weather is nice and you would still be the most stylish dude at the Jersey Shore (since the competition is so fierce).  No one is going to deny how great this shoes is, but the price tag is a little bit of a turn off.  Now I realize Quoddy's reputation speaks for itself and that these boat loafs are handmade in the U.S.A., but they still may be a little too rich for such a casual kick, not to mention I'm a little worried that wearing them sockless 24/7 in the spring and summer will absolutely destroy them.  For a cheap alternative try Sperry's just released (for the first time? re-release?) "Authentic Original Loafer Penny".  It's not the exact same shoe (360 degree lacing) and definitly not as nice, but at $75 clams it's much cheaper and you wont feel bad when you lose one after a drunken bonfire in the dunes. 


-L.A.S

10 comments:

  1. Good high/low post. Saw the Sperrys early today when I randomly went their site. I think I like them better than the Quoddys actually.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Quoddys have a fuller and softer leather look. The Sperry's, probably due to the photo, look like they'd need a few dips in the ocean to break in the leather.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great post! Good looking out for my wallet.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've looking for a decent, modestly priced pair. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a nice post, it is really interesting, want to admire you, you are really a hard worker, Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think this blog is pretty cool,it has a lot of good and interesting content,good for you I hope you can add more useful information and upgrade your site,I like it,it has full details about boat shoes

    ReplyDelete
  7. I agree. Quoddy doesn’t get as much media attention as it should.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have to wear so formal clothes and I think that this kind of shoes is so special to me.
    Some one know how much it is ? I need to buy a new ones but I like in black color.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This blog is fantastic, I hadn't seen any similar before. I have to accept I found it out by a lucky stroke, but I'm impacted with its quality. I hope you continue posting with the same passion you did it here.

    ReplyDelete
  10. it's incredible. This is really great informative blog post here.... Keep posting such an amazing articles. Maintain up the very good function Appear forward to reading a lot more from you in the future.

    ReplyDelete