Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Attn: R.G.J.B.




When word of the demise of John Bartlett's collection for Claiborne leaked earlier this year fans of  breezy classic Americana shed a tear.  It was a shame to see such a talented guy have to abandon a fantastic affordable line because of obvious economic issues.  I wondered how John Barlett would recover from such a blow and when he would hit back with a vengeance.  Apparently hes doing just that as we speak with the help of none other than, Alex Carleton, Mr. Rogues Gallery himself.

I had read some press release jargon on this callaboration a little while back, but if memory serves me correctly there weren't any visuals available at the time.  Today all that changes as Rogues Gallery for John Barlett has gone live.  The items have made their way to the Rogues' webstore and are available for purchase.  There are a bunch of badass graphic tees (I know that sounds like an oxymoron, but hold on) and various other devices with more promised to come.  I'm not the biggest proponent of these zipper/portfolio/pouch things, but if I was going to buy one, for travel or whatever, it would have a ridiculous screen printing of a grizzly bear on it.  It's great to see Mr. Bartlett's wears back in the public eye and Rogues Gallery taking some risks with their callaborations.













-L.A.S

8 comments:

  1. Wow, $75 for a t-shirt? I'll make you one for $50.

    ReplyDelete
  2. John Bartlett is worth checking out - plus he's a terrific guy too if you meet him. I'm surprised he doesn't get more attention in the blogs for his work, so I'm planning on doing some post with him and his West Village store in the next month or so. Thanks for highlighting the collab with RG. JB deserves all the press he can get.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Naa, I'll pass on this. Sorry, I like Rogues but I think this was unnecessary. John Bartlett should maybe stick to doing his own thing rather than brand jumping. I personally think RG as a brand is strong enough to stand on it's on without to much of this,

    ReplyDelete
  4. Junctioned- As much as this collabo may not be up your alley, you have to appreciate a great designer moving forward after a taking a pretty tough "loss". I respect what John does and, much like DP said above, he deserves any and all press.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I do respect him as a designer which is why this leaves a bad taste in my mouth. To each his own and I hope he finds his place again amongst menswear's elite. I just don't get why some of these colabo's are done is all.

    ReplyDelete
  6. John Bartlett is a great guy, plus he reps Ohio. Respect.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well personally, the styles looks very good and nice, many colours that you can combine with some other cloths or accesories.
    Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, What a Excellent post. I really found this to much informative. It is what i was searching for. I would like to suggest you that please keep sharing such type of info. Thanks
    Limelight Sale

    ReplyDelete