Thursday, October 7, 2010

Patch Adams

Forgive me for the title, I'm trying my hand at pandering to the untapped market potential of Robin Williams fans - lately everyone has been telling me this blogging thing is a numbers game.  Moving on.  Some of you guys don't get down with Brooks Brothers' extra-slim fit.  When it comes to clothes, and shirts specifically, the name of the game is fit.  Certain cuts work better for certain folks.  That's just the reality of it.  I, for example, can't do Band of Outsiders.  End of story.  For those of you who find yourselves continually going back to Brooks Brothers' slim fit (or even regular fit in this case) shirts you've seriously lucked out.  BB is showing you guys a little love.  Enter their new flannel sport shirts complete with elbow patches.  As it stands right now, there is both a tan and gray option in the perfect cotton and wool blend for fall.  For those feeling left out, don't fret.  Dry your skinny little eyes and grab one of these as an overshirt.  See what just happened?  Everybody wins.  That's sartorial democracy at it's finest.  God bless America.


-L.A.S

13 comments:

  1. To bad the tan in a small doesn't seem to exist...I'll be making some calls in the morning.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Or you could just take it to the tailor and turn it into an extra slim fit.

    ReplyDelete
  3. If i had the slim fit in a medium tailored I would have to shorten the arms,slim the body and the arms...making a few calls will be well worth it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Get ready for elbow patches on everything. I am on exchange in the Netherlands and every shirt/jacket/sweater has em.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sartorially Inclined: A blog where fudge packing isn't only encouraged, it's a way of life.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Paul- You're the man, but I think you take me more seriously than I do as impossible as that may seem...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Paul - Hooray for unnecessary homophobia. It's not like gay youth are killing themselves at an alarmingly high rate or anything.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lawrence - You know I'm just playing, brah.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Eric -

    Bullying is part of growing up. Suicide is natural selection - gay or not.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Anon @11:40- Holy shit, man. That may be the single most ridiculously insensitive comment anyone has ever left here. I don't even know what to say.

    ReplyDelete
  11. These are dope and all, but part of me can't shake the feeling that patches have to be earned.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love that shade of brown. I'm a sucker for anything with elbow patches.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Elbow patches are cool...

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wi0CxmDYKGA&feature=related

    ReplyDelete