Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Triple Threat

Think about three F/W heavyweights.  Ready?  Whaddya got?  Me, I'm going with black watch tartan, waxed cotton and quilted jackets.  In my eyes that's like Ali, Louis and Dempsey.  How about we get those guys on the same team too.  The result would be this jacket from Lavenham.  Straight killer, right?  A triple threat if you will.  Add some side vents and a corduroy collar just for good measure and you've got a damn fine jacket.  Not a bad price point too - definitely sub Barbour and Belstaff.  Lavenham is a outerwear company from the UK that you may not have heard of, which is a good thing in this case.  Like I mentioned, the prices are still relatively "pedestrian" and you'll be the one guy rocking a UKorigin jacket not found in J. Crew.  These guys have come a long way since their nylon quilted horse rugs hit the scene in 1969.  I'll be honest, I have no idea what the hell a nylon quilted horse rug is, but it's all good.  I'll stick with the jackets.


-L.A.S

12 comments:

  1. Not sold on this one - something about the buttons/shape looks a little feminine. Would want to see someone wearing this to get a better idea, though.

    Question for you Lawrence - what percent of the items you put on SartInc do you end up buying?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Way too bell shaped.

    Also, note how the pattern is offset on the right front pocket.

    I just don't see $280 worth of coat there.

    ReplyDelete
  3. BTW, I'm guessing that the horse on the snap is wearing a nylon quilted horse blanket.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This looks like a Barbour...well kind of

    ReplyDelete
  5. Haters gonna hate. I dig this and I'd wear it, but I think I'd wear anything blackwatch.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Damn, this blog is starting to lose it's steeetcred. Money talks, folks. Looks like NYC fashion week is causing this effect. Shame.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anon @9:37 - Was this comment meant for the previous post on MB? What does a post about a cool black watch jacket have anything to do with NYFW?

    Also, I have never ever gotten paid to write anything on this blog. Believe me, I wish that was the case bro, but alas I am not as important as you apparently believe.

    Regardless, thanks for reading and being one of the few folks to tell me I have streetcred.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You do not have any streetcred Schlossman.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Anon @11:46- Not that I particularly seek out the approval of Anonymous men's style blog haters, but I appreciate your honesty and readership.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great blog, Thank you for sharing this with us.
    If you are searching for Horse Rugs Manufacturers in India, Nehal Leather Works is a trusted name.
    Horse Blankets Manufacturers

    ReplyDelete