Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Keeping A Low Profile

I personally have nothing against the Jack Purcell sneaker in its current form, but I figure that there has to be at least one person out there who has yet to pull the trigger on their own pair of the classic sneaker due to the thickness of its sole.  For those of you who find yourself in such a predicament Converse has answered you cries for help.  The Jack Purcell Low Profile is exactly what the name entails - the timeless shoe, but with a considerably slimmed down sole.  With a new low profile in tact the shoe's outer stitching appears a tad more pronounced in this case, but otherwise it's the exact same shoe.  After being so used to seeing the original version for all these years this modern reincarnation looks a bit off so I personally won't be buying it although the shoe has always been one of my personal favorites so I'm not exactly the intended demographic for this particular model.  It's pretty much summer at this point so if you need to do some last minute slimming down you might as well start from the ground up.


-L.A.S

3 comments:

  1. I have both classic and the new Low Profile. for a bigger (fatter) man like me, I prefer the classic one. I just like shoes with thicker soles, that's all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thin soles are like iPod Minis, everyone knows that they are for girls.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the look of the slimmer sole, but will stick with my thicker ones. Slimmer sole means my pants will scrape the ground unless i get them hemmed. perfect for summer shorts though...

    ReplyDelete