Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Woolrich Woolen Mills F/W 2011

The most anticipated collection (at least for me) of F/W 2011 is officially in the books and we might as well put it out there - this is wholly Mark's collection.  The Daiki Suzuki era has come and gone.  While this may bum some people out, I couldn't be more excited for the second phase of WWM.  So, did McNairy deliver?  That's for you to decided for yourself, obviously, but for my money he most definitely did indeed.  After hearing Mark mention how his version of WWM would focus much more so on Woolrich's collegiate and military history those of us less enamored with the whole hunting vibe breathed a much needed sigh of relief.  Don't get me wrong, I think Daiki is one of the best designers working today.  In fact, I own quite a bit of his stuff.  Regardless, some aesthetics get tiresome and evolution is a natural part of the fashion industry - needless to say, I was more than ready for a new direction.  The end result is pretty much what I was expecting from Mark.  WWM F/W 2011 definitely comes from a collegiate and military place, but what clinches it for me is the collection's edge, for lack of a better word.  Mark has made a name for himself thanks to his ability to take the classic and put his own spin on things and he's done it yet again.  There's less quirk than what we've seen from his own line (which is to be expected from something of this scope), but there is still that rebel attitude.  That, "I wear what I want to wear when I want to wear it" feeling.  Honestly, it's kinda punk rock.  And I absolutely love that shit.  The endgame for this new partnership can't be determined after just one collection, but I've talked to a few European buyers already and they are psyched.  Where it will be stocked and what exactly will be stocked in The States is yet to be seen, but I hope lots, if not all, of this is readily available so I can go ahead and spend money I don't have.  Some parting thoughts:

-Those crepe sole double monks are a new style from Mark McNairy New Amsterdam.
-This collection is a little bit smaller than I imagined it would be.
-For a feel of the WWM 2011 presentation in Milan be sure to head over to Isaac's spot.


 -L.A.S

15 comments:

  1. Could we get a single pair of pants that isn't short and cuffed? Jesus, some of these guys look ridiculous.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lined mac is chuch, sweats are chuch, hoody is chuch, tha leather is kinda wack, beanies is wack.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great collection. I like the tough take on preppy. Doesn't feel as warmed over as a lot of the other collections in this vein.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Some of the models really look embarrased by their clown suits.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Some tasty stuff.

    That leather is beyond dire.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I suppose you could call this "military" now that Don't Ask Don't Tell has been repealed.

    ReplyDelete
  7. There are many parts of the US where a guy would get raped if her wore this stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nice post! I'm really diggin the Double Buckle Monks with the crepe lookin sole.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm digging the jackets on the second and third photos down. That contrast pattern shirt in the fourth photo down, though, is maybe the ugliest thing I've ever seen in my life.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow! I think the coolection is great. Maybe over the top when all worn together, but how many people are actually gonna wear the look from head to toe everyday? Most, but all of the individual pieces are really clean and classic with just a small twist and highly wearable. So you don't like cropped pants, ok, wear that beautiful striped duffel with some jeans.

    Seriously though, to the dude who said people would get "raped" for wearing this. That's just ignorant and offensive. If you are raping people because you think their sense of style is weird, you got some serious issues. Also, what the fuck are you all looking at style and fashion blogs if you make comments like that? This clothing is far more masculine and traditional than most of the fashion stuff out there. You don't have to like it, that's fine, but have some common sense.

    Sorry I went off, but comments like that are genuinely stupid.

    ReplyDelete
  11. the outerwear looks terrific, and there's a good variety in the season's collection. i gotta see the collection up close. i'm expecting that it's made very well. i'll be on the look out for stockists as well.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Dear Anonymous, January 19, 2011 10:33AM

    Any more details available?

    A healthy sex-tourist trade may save your economy - these local attractions can only help in that.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Dutch Uncle it's all the same person you fucking panty waste

    ReplyDelete
  14. I have been looking the World Wide Web for this information and I want to thank you for this post. Thanks...
    Regards,
    Rothco

    ReplyDelete