Monday, January 24, 2011

Sartoria Partenopea And The Year Ahead

I didn't really plan on getting too deep into my various sartorial resolutions for the year ahead on Sart Inc, but plans often change unexpectedly.  And when you come across something so in line with what you're trying to do, well, said plans change ever quicker than normal.  So, what am I trying to do in 2011?  It's time for my sportswear to "get grown", in a nutshell.  I will be talking about this at considerable length via a separate avenue soon, but let me quickly break things down.  It seems that the culmination of what I have been trying to do with my wardrobe and personal style for the past year or so is coming to a head in 2011.  I'm not talking about suiting up everyday of the week, but I am talking about stepping up my casual outfits with more "formal" elements  - more jackets, more ties, trousers, generally nicer shirts and more layering.  My goal is to present an image and cultivate a personal look that has practically been abandoned here in The States, but is still thriving in Europe amongst the style set.  Why this?  For starters, my personal taste has been headed in that direction for quite a while and I believe it is time to commit to the best of my ability.  Not to mention, those whose style I admire the most do this effortlessly and I feel like taking a sincere crack at it.  So, for me, 2011 is all about grown man sportswear - keeping things short of wearing a suit on the regular, but still put together at the same time.  If that previous statement makes absolutely no sense to you I totally understand, which is why I have provided some handy examples courtesy of Edwin (who happens to be running my favorite Tumblr right now).  Sartoria Partenopea has my ideal aesthetic down pat.  While some of these outfits are incredibly loud (something I tend to avoid for the most part) they still illustrate the idea of elevated sportswear done very, very well.  The kits below are far from formal, yet present a very solid, mature image.  Join me or scoff at me.  It's all good.  Just try to be better in 2011.  That's the message.  For more information on Sartoria Partenopea Jeremy has you covered, obviously.


-L.A.S

20 comments:

  1. Well from the last few times I've seen you, you've definitely channeled your inner Cucinelli/Italian....not that you weren't killing it before but things have been turned up a few notches....I just like to blame it on the company you keep (i.e. A.C. & J.K. ;). Keep up the bad work and let's continue to destroy things.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Does this mean that you are going to actually put some real effort in posting your own looks on here?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I thought you were already struttin' around like this. Shows you how much I know. Here's to a stylish 2011!

    ReplyDelete
  4. three cheers for dressing like a grown up.

    ReplyDelete
  5. goodbye bean boots... post some looks please!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Bean boots aint goin' nowhere!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sid Mashburn has been doing this for years...this stuff has got teeth like Jaws, holla!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Don't plan on Lawrence stepping up his game. And even if he does, it won't matter because all his posts will be hearsay. Lawrence has some aversion to actually taking photos--probably has to do with his IQ and not being able to operate a digital camera.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Elliot - What do you expect when Lawrence main style mentor is Mark McNairy? I mean, come on, the dude shows up to The Ritz fucking looking like Al Bundy. What a goon.

    ReplyDelete
  10. McNairy always reminds me of Moby: awkward, balding, no style, vegan nerd, etc.

    ReplyDelete
  11. how many times have you busted a nut to tommy ton piti uomo pics? don't lie.

    ReplyDelete
  12. yak yak yak get a job instead of being a hater on Sart Inc! Is someone not getting enough hits on their tumblr? :( :( :( :( :( :( :(

    ReplyDelete
  13. Now now sis, I know we just became friends and all and have a lot of catching up to do.

    So let's leave these trollers to BOG OF ETERNAL STENCH!

    Yes I just reference Labyrinth! Have you not seen my newest mag?! I'm over the MOON for puppets these days and Jim Henson was a dreamboat!

    Jim was an American puppeteer best known as the creator of The Muppets. As a puppeteer, Henson performed in various television programs, such as Sesame Street and The Muppet Show, films such as The Muppet Movie and The Great Muppet Caper, and creator of advanced puppets for projects like Fraggle Rock, The Dark Crystal, and Labyrinth.

    He was also an Oscar-nominated film director, Emmy Award-winning television producer, and the founder of The Jim Henson Company, the Jim Henson Foundation, and Jim Henson's Creature Shop. Don't you just love to learn!?

    I SURE DO ;)

    Make sure you sign up for my new Oprah network*


    Please call your cable or satellite provider!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Bruh, I'm with you 100% on this. I'm all about the Cuchinelli these days, mixed in with a little Stephan Schneider for artistic purposes.

    But on the real, you wit me on going bespoke for some of this ish? You're in NYC right? There are good options

    -AWalkingStudy

    ReplyDelete
  15. Elliot,

    Really? That's the best you can do, an IQ joke? Also I don't think you know what the definition of 'hearsay' is. And it seems you have an aversion to backing up your shit talking with any sites of your own or pictures of yourself. Is it your IQ or lack of balls that's getting in the way?

    ReplyDelete
  16. So beautiful yet understated at the same time.
    Quiet elegance at its very best.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Really enjoyed this post. Simply wonderful.

    Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I enjoyed reading your blog. Thanks for sharing. I would like to share information about the company. Welcome to Appconsultio, your premier destination for cutting-edge iPhone app development company. We specialize in crafting innovative, user-friendly, and high-quality mobile applications that cater to a wide range of industries and niches. Our talented team of developers, designers, and project managers are committed to turning your app ideas into reality.

    ReplyDelete